Bob Buch, the VP of biz dev at Digg spoke at Web2.0Expo and provided some good ideas that were blogged at ReadWriteWeb.
There’s more, of course, in the article, including a finding that if you unbundle the social bookmarking sites from the Share This widget, you get a lot more click-throughs on those sites, in this case Digg, Yahoo, Buzz and StumbleUpon. Hmm, interesting. And that you should hire social media experts for your company if you wnat to make the most of social media. Well, duh, but then again it must need to be said. And automatic syndication of content, as in Facebook Connect. Thanks for sharing, Bob! And RWW, too.
5 Ingredients for Social Media Success
- Sharing: If you love something, set it free
- Integration: Don’t try to do everything yourself
- People: People who know: ROFLCopter, LMAO, PWND, Noob
- Platform: One to one is now one to many
- Authenticity: Stay true to your core competency